Monday Morning HOT JOBS, December 1, 2014
(Shared from Family Aid Boston)
HANDYMAN / HELPER (BROOKLINE, NEAR CLEVELAND CIRCLE)
A reliable person is required to perform important miscellaneous duties at a construction site.
Pay range is from $12 to $15/hr., depending on experience. Part-time may be an option.
Must be capable of using basic hand and power tools.
REPLY BY EMAIL: KB7Q6-4783806549@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
FT MASCOT POSITION AVAILABLE (CAMBRIDGE)
compensation: Very Competitive
Our fast paced and fun dental office is looking for a permanent mascot to
represent our "Tommy the Tooth" character.
Dressing up in a fun costume
Interacting with people
Making salaries plus commissions!!!
Applicant will have the opportunity to work a FULL SCHEDULE!!!
Looking to hire immediately.
REPLY BY EMAIL: DXTS3-4778599780@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
PCA WITH MEDICAL BACKGROUND (BOSTON / BROOKLINE)
I am seeking a personal care assistant (PCA) for a short term assignment involving home dialysis. I am an
active 47 year old visually impaired woman transitioning from hemodialysis to peritoneal home dialysis.
I am looking for a person who can go through the training process with me at the Kidney Center on Commonwealth Avenue
in Boston and become knowledgeable in this treatment process. The training will take place over approximately
a four week period and may involve up to forty hours per week during weekday hours of 9 to 5.
I also will probably require assistance in the beginning of my home dialysis in connecting and disconnecting
the equipment in the evening and early morning.
I would prefer a person with some medical experience, but common sense and intelligence are most important.
Payment will be at $13 per hour.
Please email a cover letter describing your interest and background along with
your resume to Alla at APOUZYREVA@GMAIL.COM.
PT EVENING HOUSEPERSON / LAUNDRY ATTENDANT (BRAINTREE)
compensation: $10-11 Depending on experience
The Candlewood Suites Boston Braintree is looking for an exceptional House person/Laundry Attendant.
This position will require the candidate to perform the following:
1. Responsible for the cleaning of carpets; vacuum
2. Must be reliable, flexibility is a MUST; willing to work mid-afternoon/evening shifts, weekdays, weekends and holidays.
3. Must have a working knowledge of all cleaning equipment; vacuum cleaner, broom and dust pan, dishwasher,
carpet cleaner, dust rag, sponge, toilet brush.
4. Keep storage closets orderly and clean
5. Ensure all supplies are put in the correct storage areas
6. Clean restrooms & common areas. Cleaning defined as; sweep floor, mop floor, dust all fixtures,
clean mirrors, scrub toilet, wipe down counter, clean bathroom sink, and take out trash. Stock with paper products
7. Prep rooms for room attendants by stripping of linens, removing trash.
8. Wash, dry and fold linens.
9. Written and oral command of the English language required
10. Stoop and lift, (lifting may exceed 50 lbs.)
We are looking to fill this position ASAP.
TEMPORARY ORDER FULFILLMENT ASSOCIATES / PACKERS
(LEGAL SEA FOODS, BOSTON)
M-F*- (Day Shift) 8:00am-4:00pm
M-F* (Afternoon Shift) 12:30pm-9pm
*Occasional Saturday or Sunday shift required
*Must work the day after Thanksgiving (11/28) and the day after Christmas (12/26)
Assignment length: Now through mid-January 2015
Legal Sea Foods Quality Control Center
One Seafood Way, South Boston
Accessible via Public Transportation - Parking is not available
- Assist in picking, packing and shipping of orders
- Loading orders onto trucks
- Ability to read and speak English clearly
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- General knowledge of Legal Sea Foods (products, services, culture, etc.)
- Scheduling flexibility and ability to work O/T during peak weeks in December
- Working environment is in a warehouse with cold/wet conditions
- Previous fulfillment or warehouse experience preferred
Please Apply Online at HTTP://WWW.LEGALSEAFOODS.COM/CAREERS and
select "Corporate Opportunities"
LANES & GAMES, CAMBRIDGE
We are a full service bowling center, sports bar, and restaurant
located at 195 CONCORD TURNPIKE.
Come join our team for bowling's busy season!
Positions now available for day and evening shifts.
No experience necessary.
PT CUSTOMER SERVICE / CASHIER compensation: starting at $10/hr.
PT LOTTERY AGENT compensation: $8/hr. + Tips
PT WAITSTAFF compensation: $5/hr. + Tips
Please apply in person. We conduct interviews regularly from 10am until 4pm, Mondays through Fridays.
If you need to make an appointment at an alternate time, please call and we will schedule one for you
PT SALES & STOCK ASSOCIATES (PIER 1, BRAINTREE & NORWOOD)
Pier 1 Imports, the leading home furnishings specialty retailer, is searching for fun, energetic, part-time
Sales Associates and Stock Associates to be part of a fast paced team for our Braintree & Norwood, MA stores.
Pier 1 Imports offers flexible work schedules, competitive pay and an associate discount that starts immediately!
We are looking for Sales Associates that have strong customer service skills and a flexible work schedule.
This position will perform all activities that drive sales and promote customer satisfaction within established guidelines.
Must have 6 months to 1 year of related sales experience.
If you like working with people, are energetic and can work a flexible schedule (including nights and weekends),
please follow the directions below to complete an online job application and take our pre-employment assessment.
You must complete the application and the assessment to be considered for the position.
1. Go to www.pier1.com/careers and select "Stores." Then click the "Apply Now" button.
2. Select an option from the Location drop down menu. The locations for these positions are:
MA, Braintree, 120 Granite St, #1029
MA, Norwood, 1583 Providence Hwy, #0764
3. Select an option from the Position drop down menu by selecting the role that you are interested in applying for:
Sales Associate, Sales Leader, Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager.
You will then be prompted to complete the online application and assessment.
This will take you approximately one hour to complete both.
General Assessment Tips:
Schedule and plan for adequate time (approximately 60 minutes) to complete the employment application
and to take the assessment. Ensure your environment allows you to concentrate.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties while completing the application or taking the assessment,
please contact SHL Technical Support at 1-800-899-7451. We will reach out to you if we decide to
move forward in our interviewing process.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (BOSTON EXHIBITS LLC – BOSTON)
Boston Exhibits is looking for a Customer Service Associate to join our team, during the engagement of
The Art of the Brick at our venue in Faneuil Hall.
We are seeking a sales-minded and customer service oriented individual with
prior experience working in a fast paced environment.
OUR ASSOCIATES ENJOY:
· $11 per hour starting wage
· Flexible schedule
· Team environment
· Variety of duties
· Desire for success
· Exceptional communication skills
· Professional appearance
· Ability on weekends, evenings and some holidays (excluding Thanksgiving and Christmas)
· 100% dependability
· Self-starter and ability to work independently
· Reliable transportation
· Must be coachable
· Pre-employment background check
· Retail/Museum/Entertainment experience is important but not required
· Professional attitude and drive for success
· Independent, self-starter
· Attention to detail and pride in work
· Prior sales or hospitality experience is a plus
· Leadership qualities
FT DEPARTMENT SECRETARY (PAIN CLINIC,
BRIGHAM AND WOMEN'S FAULKNER HOSPITAL)
Full time position in BWFH Pain Management center.
Responsibilities include greeting patients, answering phone, scheduling appointments, billing,
and some preauthorization work for physician group in Pain Management Center.
Must have excellent customer service skills. Monday- Friday position.
CERTIFIED APPLICATION COUNSELOR (PATIENT FINANCIAL SERVICES,
BOSTON MEDICAL CENTER)
40 hours RDE Rotating Days & Evenings
Patient Financial Services, Certified Application Counselors provide application assistance to applicants and
beneficiaries of Qualified Health Plans and insurance affordability programs including MassHealth and
health insurance programs offered through the Health Insurance Exchange (HIX). The Certified Application Counselor
interviews, assesses and screens patients for eligibility for qualified health plans. The Certified Application Counselor (CAC)
is responsible for tracking and processing accurate, complete and timely applications with regards to BMC
billing practices and procedures and consistent with the Certified Application Counselor Policy Requirements
· High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree, bilingual and hospital experience strongly preferred.
· Individual must receive training and be certified as a Certified Application Counselor within 45 days of employment.
· Bilingual and hospital experience strongly preferred.
· Must be extremely organized, able to prioritize appropriately and make independent decisions, strong problem
resolution skills. Must be able to handle a heavy caseload of patients in an ongoing fashion and possess strong
follow through skills. Must demonstrate computer competency with use of keyboard and mouse and
must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
FT / PT DENTAL OFFICE FRONT DESK (BOSTON)
compensation: $20-30/hour base on previous experience.
Experienced front desk person is needed in the dental office in Boston.
-Paperless office. Excellent computer skill is a must.
-Candidate must be familiar with Dentrix.
-Candidate should be well organized, professional, punctual, and should have good phone etiquette and verbal skills.
-Benefits: health insurance and paid vacation for a full time employee.
Please send the resume and reference. Thank you.
REPLY BY EMAIL: WRR4D-4784414570@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
PT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (FENWAY HIGH SCHOOL, BOSTON)
This is a part-time position that reports to the Headmaster of Fenway High School and provides an
excellent opportunity to join a high performing public school while gaining a comprehensive understanding of
public education in an urban environment.
Responsibilities include general administrative assistance with ongoing projects; written and verbal communication
with a broad range of internal and external constituents; management of meetings and calendars;
dissemination of minutes; notes, and action steps.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree; a high level of proficiency with software applications;
strong organizational skills and detail orientation; ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and
manage multiple tasks.
The position is funded for January 2015 - June 2015 and subject to renewal depending on funding.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
PEGGY S. KEMP
OFFICE ASSISTANT (BOSTON NORTH END)
International Translation Company (ITC) is an interpreting and translation agency that
provides services in over 75 languages.
To learn more, please visit our website: www.itctranslation.net .
ITC is hiring a part-time employee (21-30 hours a week) as an office assistant.
General requirements: very reliable and punctual, experience working in an office setting,
extremely detail oriented. Training provided for qualified personnel.
• High School Diploma plus 2 years of college
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite -- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, QuickBooks (absolute requirement)
• Excellent writing skills, especially business writing
• Fast typing speed
• Reliable and always on time
• Great communication skills
• Customer service experience
• Knowledge of project management is a plus!
• Bilingual is a plus, but not required.
• Scheduling appointments
• Creating invoices daily
• Formatting documents
• Data entry into proprietary software (training provided)
• Biweekly payroll and entry into QuickBooks
• Management of and record keeping of communications with current and prospective clients and subcontractors
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume in a MS Word document,
along with any questions you have to CAREERS@ITCTRANSLATION.NET .
Please, no phone calls at this time.
MAIL & CONCIERGE SERVICES: PT TEAM MEMBER AT CIC (CAMBRIDGE)
CIC Cambridge is looking for a detail-oriented and thorough individual to help support the day-to-day operations
of our commercial office space.
Starting wage for this position is $15/hour for approximately 20 to 25 hours/week.
This position requires the ability to begin work at 11:00am Monday through Friday.
CIC is a community of startups. Our mission is to make the world better by helping create powerful innovation ecosystems.
We do that by helping innovators and entrepreneurs launch new ventures quickly and efficiently, giving them a
resource-rich environment in which to succeed.
We serve approximately 600 companies, including many startups, across two buildings in Kendall Square, Cambridge.
We offer a unique working environment that combines private, secure office areas alongside many shared facilities.
We seek to support our client companies by providing them with a strong office environment while they focus on
their core business. We work to ensure that our clients are happy every day they are here.
Our staff consists of a growing group of bright people who enjoy problem solving on a daily basis.
We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything we do.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Overall, we like to employ service-minded people who are dependable and able to work independently.
More specifically, we are looking for someone who possesses the following characteristics:
• Personable and naturally enjoys helping others and interacting with different types of people
• Enjoys working on their feet and being on the move
• Independent, trustworthy, and willing to learn
• Detail-oriented and organized, with solid time management skills
• Comfortable around basic office technologies
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This person will join our Concierge Team, which is a sub team of one of our Community Teams.
Community Teams are composed of several full-time and part-time employees, and these teams work together to satisfy the day-to-day needs
of our clients.
Over time you may be cross-trained in other areas, or on occasion you may be asked to help other team members
with their tasks. We are a team-based company, and you will be evaluated on your performance by the
other members of the team.
• Processing incoming packages for clients -- receive, organize, and contact clients
• Maintaining the CIC mailroom -- keep it clean, organized and clutter free
• Assist with reviewing incoming mail -- lookup unknown names, categorize, and file
• Being a backup to assist in mail distribution when primary mail sorter is out of the office
• Helping Concierge Team with various tasks such as helping provide front desk coverage during meetings
• A natural interest for helping/supporting others
• Availability to work weekdays from 11:00am-4:00pm
ATTRACTIONS OF WORKING AT CIC
• Fun people in a funky environment. What does our staff love most about working here? Their colleagues!
• Cool, creative clients. The ~2000 clients and staff at CIC are sharp, diverse, motivated, and work in
mostly startup high tech and life sciences companies.
• Central location. CIC is a stone's throw from the Kendall Square MBTA Red Line stop.
• Did we mention a funky environment? Chic tech workspace that inspires innovation and community.
Kitchens with Italian soda machines, peanut M&Ms, a bounty of fruit, kettle cooked chips, and so much more.
REPLY BY EMAIL: H7JWZ-4783459792@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
ARAMARK FOOD SERVICES
APPLY IN PERSON
MONDAY, DECEMBER 2 & TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3
BEFORE 11 AM OR AFTER 2 PM
Resume is always a plus!
PINE MANOR COLLEGE
COOKS, FOOD SERVICE WORKERS, CATERING WAIT STAFF (ON CALL)
Ashby Campus Center Dining Room
400 Hath St., Chestnut Hill
Green Line D train to Chestnut Hill
Limited shuttle service available
MOUNT IDA COLLEGE
COOKS, FOOD SERVICE WORKERS, RECEIVER
Campus Center & Dining Commons
777 Dedham St., Newton
Green Line D train to Newton Center
Limited shuttle service available
NOW HIRING! SUBWAY IN DEDHAM AND HYDE PARK
compensation: Hourly wages
Looking for smiley, energetic people to
Work all shifts!
Room to grow!
Apply for immediate hire!
Please fill out an application at WWW.MYSUBWAYCAREER.COM and
apply to store #27927 Hyde Park, or #53704 Dedham!
After applying, please respond to this ad!
REPLY BY EMAIL: Z84XR-4778514211@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
PART TIME DISHWASHER (BOSTON)
Salvatore's Restaurant located on Northern Ave. is currently hiring a dishwasher.
We are looking for someone with a flexible schedule.
Ideal candidates must be able to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
There is tremendous growth opportunity for the right, ambitious candidate.
Please send your resume including your EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER.
To learn more about our company, visit us at: HTTP://SALVATORESRESTAURANTS.COM.
FT / PT SERVERS, HOSTS, BUSSERS, AND DISHWASHERS (SOMERVILLE)
The Flatbread Company is hiring! We are looking for full and part time positions front and back of the house.
We are a locally sourced and organic pizza restaurant with a full bar and 10 vintage candlepin bowling lanes.
We offer competitive wages and health insurance for full time staff.
We will be interviewing early next week and hiring quickly.
Please stop by 45 Day St, Somerville to fill out an application.
COUNTER HELP / HOSPITALITY (WEST ROXBURY)
compensation: Depends on ability
We are seeking a fun, dynamic individual to take the lead at the counter. You must be customer service focused and
a team player. We offer a fun atmosphere that's appreciative of your efforts. Your job will be to make every person
whether they be in the Frozen Yogurt room, the pizza/sandwich counter or on the phone. We are looking for
100 percent focus on our guests. If you're the one we will give you full time and the opportunity to advancement.
We respect this position a great deal as you are the face and attitude of our company.
If you think you are the one please stop by for an immediate interview. Applications always accepted but
if we feel you're what we've been looking for you'll be asked to work immediately.
Mangia Neopolitan Pizza / Yogoteria Frozen Treat Bar
1727 Centre Street
DISHWASHERS / KITCHEN HELP (NEWTON)
compensation: $12.00 per hour
Daikanyama at Bloomingdale's, an upscale Japanese restaurant located at the Chestnut Hill Mall and
inside the Bloomingdale's Department Store is looking for dishwashers and kitchen help.
Some previous experience preferred for kitchen help position.
Please call for an interview. (Do not call during lunch time!)
ISLAND CREEK OYSTER BAR SEEKING BUSSERS (500 COMMONWEALTH AVE.)
compensation: disclosed at time of interview
Currently seeking support staff for the busy dining season and beyond.
Open/flexible availability is preferred. Part time and full time available.
Prior restaurant experience is also preferred, but not a must.
Please reply to this posting with a copy of your resume or visit the restaurant to pick up an application.
REPLY BY EMAIL: CRMC6-4783951957@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
PAUL BAKERY, ASSEMBLY ROW, SOMERVILLE
PAUL Bakery is an upscale French Bakery-Café with 125 years of tradition. Staff are responsible and accountable for
delivering world class customer service with remarkable attention to detail in an extremely high volume retail location.
Previous experience in a high volume retail/restaurant -- bakery experience a strong plus
Experience in a customer focused environment
Practical and hands on -- flexible approach to the business
Must have a passionate approach to food that is evident in experience
DISHWASHERS / FOOD RUNNERS
We are looking for experienced and energetic Food Runners and Dishwashers to
support the retail operations of our new location at Assembly Row in Somerville.
REPLY BY EMAIL: DXHTR-4784686505@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
CASHIER / BARISTA
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Greeting customers with enthusiasm
• Handling cash and credit transactions with accuracy, adhering to cash controls
• Being a brand ambassador with each and every guest that enters the store
• Making recommendations and product explanations
• Plating and expediting orders to patrons
• Making coffee and espresso drinks as needed
• Executing all requests of the General Manager
Previous cashier experience in a high volume retail/restaurant -- bakery experience a strong plus