Tuesday HOT JOBS, January 20, 2015
Sorry we will be a little short on HOT JOBS this week: yesterday MLK holiday,
tomorrow jury duty, Friday doctor’s appt – you get the picture!
NEW OPENINGS AT BETH ISRAEL DEACONESS MEDICAL CENTER
FOOD SERVICE WORKER 1
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, we’re committed to making a difference in the
lives of the patients who count on us to deliver the highest quality of care. With a
Nutrition job at BIDMC, you’ll be an integral part of a community where we treat our
patients with the utmost respect and compassion, like our own family members and friends.
This is how we make a difference in our patients’ lives, each and every day. Join us and
define what a Nutrition career at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is to you.
Performs a wide range of tasks, including partial preparation/set up of food trays for
patients and all cleaning related to food services.
1. Washes and restocks patient, cafeteria and catering dishes, pots and pans.
2. Cleans and sanitizes tabletops and counters. Sweeps and mops floors.
3. Empties trash, retrieves soiled tray carts from nursing units.
4. Maintains proper levels of supplies/stock for assembly of trays.
5. Assembles patient meals as ordered through the At Your Request Room Service Dining system.
6. Uses proper portion for entrées, salads, desserts, and beverages for meal service.
7. Prepares food items to par levels in advance of peak meal periods (fruit cups, tossed salads, desserts, beverages).
8. Follows procedures for preparing special trays (Kosher, Low Bacteria, Isolation, Psychiatry, Gastric By-pass).
9. Prepares floor stock sheets according to established par levels and bring to kitchen.
10. Maintains cleanliness of the nursing kitchens and kitchen equipment.
11. Arranges designated work area/serving station with proper utensils, plates, etc.
12. Serves food in the cafeteria, following established serving guidelines.
13. Keeps supervisor informed of menu item supply levels in a timely fashion to avoid runouts and tray set up delays.
14. Delivers patient tray carts to the Room Service Associates on the floors as necessary.
1. High School diploma or GED required .
2. 0-1 years related work experience required.
3. Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
1. Awareness of food safety principles.
2. Food production experience in a high-volume food service establishment.
SECURITY OFFICER FULL TIME WITH ROTATING SHIFTS
Our Department is comprised of six divisions and over 60 diverse professionals whose
main goal is protecting the patients, visitors, staff and property of the medical center,
24 hours a day, seven days a week. We strive to maintain a high level of professionalism
and customer service to the BIDMC community while forming strong working relationships with community members.
The Security Officer works under the direct supervision of the Public Safety Work Shift Supervisor
(Police Sergeant). Their performance is focused on the protection, safeguarding, security and
customer service needs of patients, visitors, employees, their possessions and
Medical Center property, in a manner that maintains the highest quality of safety and
service to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center community.
1. Patrol facility and grounds or maintain fixed post coverage, inspecting for security,
health and safety hazards, unauthorized persons and unsecured doors and windows,
making notifications or taking corrective action as necessary.
2. Respond to calls for service, alarm and emergency code activation, rendering first aid,
traffic / pedestrian control, and assistance to clinicians such as deescalating
emotionally distressed persons who may pose a safety risk to themselves or others.
3. Monitor main entrance to greet, screen and assist patients and visitors in a
courteous manner that is sensitive to their culture, offering directions, wheel chair, transportation services and parking validation.
4. Direct traffic, monitor parking compliance and provide direction to destinations,
to facilitate patients, visitors and employees who are navigating their way through the Medical Center.
5. Utilize computer systems to document work activity and to assist visitors in determining where patients are located.
1. High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
2. 1-3 years related work experience required.
3. Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT OBGYN SPECIALTIES
The practice of Dr. Yvonne Gomez-Carrion in the Department of OB/GYN at BIDMC is
looking for a Medical Assistant to fill an essential role on our care team. This practice
provides specialty consultative care to patients who suffer from a variety of gynecologic problems.
Problems treated include evaluation and treatment for abnormal Pap smears, abnormal bleeding,
pelvic pain, uterine fibroids, and ovarian cysts among other problems. In addition, the practice
also provides compassionate and culturally-sensitive transgender care. The practice is proud to
be able to offer patients a wide range of treatment options including medical and surgical options
tailored to each patient’s specific needs. The Medical Assistant selected will be responsible
for a wide variety of MA activities including assisting in a variety of office based procedures
in a fast-paced and engaging environment. The MA hired will be the primary MA for this
busy practice. Thus, the ideal candidate must have excellent clinical skills, be highly dependable,
and have strong organizational skills. A positive, team-oriented attitude is must. Candidates must hold a
certificate in Medical Assisting and 1+ years of MA experience. OB/GYN experience a plus!
Performs a wide variety of medical assisting activities and assists providers with
special procedures during patient visits in an office-based clinical setting. At BIDMC,
a Medical Assistant in a hospital-based practice is not authorized to perform duties that
can be performed only by licensed personnel, which includes but is not limited to,
drawing up medications and/or medication administration or flushing an IV.
1. Performs a wide variety of activities during patient visits. Sets up and assists
providers and monitors patients during and following routine and special procedures.
Performs phlebotomy, vital signs, height and weight, suture removal and dressing changes as needed.
2. Cleans, disinfects and inspects medical equipment and instruments used for patient care
between each patient use according to guidelines required by the unit.
Prepares equipment to be sent out of unit for sterilization. Inspects equipment on a routine basis for damage or repairs.
3. Performs appropriate departmental screening, lab tests and specimen collection.
4. Implements quality control standards as required.
5. Provide patients with relevant instructions for specific tests and procedures.
6. Schedules follow-up tests and appointments using hospital systems.
7. Contacts patients with reminder appointments.
8. Actively assists and supports licensed practitioners by queuing prescriptions for
renewal and performing the initial review of medication listings for accuracy in the electronic medical record (Web OMR).
1. Vocational or Technical training required in Medical Assistant Training Program.
2. Certificate 1 required: Medical Assistant Certificate
3. 0-1 years related work experience required.
4. Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT AT GREATER BOSTON UROLOGY, LLC
compensation: Will be discussed
Medical Assistants at Greater Boston Urology are part of a clinical team that is
devoted to the delivery of optimal care in an office setting with an emphasis on
preventative care and health maintenance. Medical Assistants assist physicians and
other senior office personnel in performing their duties and carrying on the
necessary functions required in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient and recording medical history.
- Prepare patient for examination by performing preliminary tests; complete
diagnostic and procedure coding.
- Counsel patients by communicating physician's orders and answering questions
about surgery and/or other physician directed subject matter.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, and placing orders.
- Collect blood and other laboratory specimens, log specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Display knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and
treat patients, including symptoms, treatment options, drug properties and interactions
as well as preventative health measures; ability to complete administrative and clerical tasks
such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription; knowledge of common medical procedures and terminology.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, co-workers, subordinates and patients
by telephone, in writing or in person; record and maintain patient records; organize,
plan and prioritize in a fast paced environment, identify information by categorizing,
estimating and recognizing differences or similarities or changes in circumstances.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
CLICK TO APPLY ONLINE.
PEDIATRIC REGISTRATION ASSISTANT / MEDICAL ASSISTANT
(NEPONSET HEALTH CENTER, DORCHESTER)
The Pediatric Registration Assistant greets and assists patients coming into the Pediatric Dept by
providing clerical and administrative support. Duties include, but are not limited to
registering new patients; verifying scheduled appointments; scheduling initial, sick,
follow-up and physical appointments; assessing financial requirements; answering the
main Pediatric telephone line; appropriately transferring calls; obtaining information
from family about referrals, assisting with prescription refills and requests for lab results;
assembling charts for new patients; updating provider schedules; tracking of patient arrivals;
preparing charts and appointment reminders, performs secretarial duties for the department.
Duties also include bringing patients into exam rooms, obtaining vital signs and medical history and documenting same.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements: High School Diploma,
Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited school, excellent customer service skills,
excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills, computer literate, priority setting skills.
Required Certifications and Licenses: Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited school.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements: One year secretarial experience,
medical setting preferred, knowledge of medical terminology, Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese.
Various shifts needed-primarily Monday through Friday 8:30 AM -9:00 PM.
OFFICE SUPPORT (SOUTH BAY MENTAL HEALTH, DORCHESTER)
This entry-level position involves verifying insurance information, opening clinical files,
filing charts, answering phones, forwarding calls, greeting clients, and other functions as needed.
Candidates for this position must be able to utilize computers, work independently,
respect confidentiality, and pay close attention to detail.
Candidates for this position must be able to utilize computers,
work independently, respect confidentiality,
and pay close attention to detail.
-Must be willing to work from Weymouth site in the beginning
-Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
-Must have electronic health record experience
Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent; some computer skills with proficiency in Excel;
and excellent customer service skills.
HHA / CNA (STOUGHTON)
HHA/CNA needed by busy home care agency to care for our clients in their homes in the Stoughton area.
Saturday and Sunday from 3:00 to5:00. $14.00/Hr. DOE.
Must be dependable with reliable transportation and good written and verbal communication skills.
FULL-TIME CAREGIVER POSITIONS, WITH BENEFITS, AT TRIBUTE HOME CARE
(BOSTON/METRO WEST/NORTH AND SOUTH SHORE)
compensation: $13-$21.50 per hour depending on the length of the shift
Tribute Home Care has full-time Caregiver Associate positions available for remarkable people with
the following qualifications:
· Available to work any 4 days or nights of the week, including at least one weekend day or night
· CNA with no less than two years of experience providing personal care (or not certified but having
5 or more years of relevant experience)
· Warmth, compassion, patience, upbeat and confident approach, service-orientation and trustworthiness
· Excellent references and a completely clean background
Our benefits package includes:
· Overtime, travel time, mileage reimbursement
· Monthly bonus opportunity for excellent performance
· Health insurance benefits
· Opportunities for paid training and advancement
EXPERIENCE CNA EVERY OTHER SAT AND SUN DAYS (HYDE PARK)
Experienced Female CNA (Hyde Park)
Are you an EXPERIENCED Female CNA/PCA with a caring heart. If that's you, we have a part-time
EVERY OTHER - SATURDAY and SUNDAY 9:00am-5:00pm with the potential for more hours.
There will be a CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK on you...
HERE'S A brief job description - You will provide caring for an adult male Quadriplegic,
who uses a Respirator for breathing. Experience with spinal cord injuries and respirators
helpful but not required. Here are some of the things you will do for him....
vitals, bathing, dressing, transferring to a wheelchair, feeding, bladder, bowel program, some light housekeeping
(laundry, etc.) and suctioning.
MUST HAVE previous experience as a CNA/PCA
Please reply with a RESUME and contact TELEPHONE NUMBER and the best time to call.
This IS NOT A CASH PAID position, it is not paid under the table, so you must be able to work legally in the US.
You Must be able to Read, Speak and understand English..
REPLY BY EMAIL: QR5S2-4854469756@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
FULL AND PART TIME EXPERIENCED HOUSEKEEPERS WANTED (NEWTON)
Per Diem, 1st or 2nd Shift position with rotating weekend and holiday coverage.
Maintains assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly, attractive manner
in accordance with established procedures,
as directed by supervisor, to assure the highest standard of cleanliness and sanitation.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Must be able to understand English.
2. Must be knowledgeable of housekeeping practices, procedures,
and guidelines pertaining to health care facilities.
3. Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
4. Possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to
incorporate them into existing housekeeping practices.
5. Must have economical use of supplies, care and use of equipment.
6. Must be able to keep up with work demand and schedule.
7. Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, visitors, and the general public.
8. Perform additional duties as needed and assigned by supervisor.
REPLY BY EMAIL: SGNPB-4854757186@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
compensation: Varies with experience
Simon C. Fireman Community in Randolph has a unique part time opportunity.
We are looking for an overnight housekeeper every Friday evening from 11pm - 7am on Saturday.
This employee is responsible to keep the facility clean, sanitized, safe and
orderly with the standards set forth by the Maintenance Department.
Should have great interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to
use sound and practical judgment. Attention to detail and ability to work independently
and as a team player is necessary to be successful in this role. Must be able to follow
directions and procedural guidelines accurately and in a timely manner. Ability to recognize
an emergency situation and take appropriate action. Ability to work independently and
follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Prior housekeeping experience
Basic maintenance skills a plus
Proficient with speaking and reading the English language
REPLY BY EMAIL: CKW3M-4854162094@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
ALL POSITIONS - IMMEDIATE HIRE (WEST ROXBURY)
compensation: DOE; DOP $9-13/hr.
Pizzeria & Yogorteria hiring for all positions:
Looking for energetic, passionate and fun people with the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
Most positions will be part-time 10-30 hours/week.
If you're looking to be part of a new concept eatery, you want to have fun and be part of a growing team then
please stop in the store Thursday from 2-4 or email a resume to Zach at the email provided.
Serious, willing and enthusiastic a must.
REPLY BY EMAIL: W3Z2D-4854345586@JOB.CRAIGSLIST.ORG
PANERA BREAD DORCHESTER (8 ALLSTATE ROAD)
PM & WEEKEND BAKERY-CAFE ASSOCIATES
EXPERIENCED SANDWICH MAKERS - PREP ASSOCIATES - CASHIERS - SALAD MAKERS
Join the Fast-Paced Fun at Panera Bread!
Our customer associates know what our customer wants and deliver it –
fast, accurate and with friendly service. We hear and sense customer needs and
keep our manager and fellow team members informed. We take pride in every
aspect of our work and perform it with energy and enthusiasm. We are strong
team players, with a commitment to continuous learning, who provide quality
service and products to our customers through true craftsmanship.
For immediate consideration, please click here to apply online at PaneraBread.jobs.
We offer our teams a place where we take care of you, your family and your community!
· Flexibility in your work schedule
· Variety of health and related benefits
· A rewarding place to work that gives back to all
· Wholesome food
· Paid vacation
· KinderCare tuition discounts
Chris Berg, Education & Employment Specialist
727 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02111