Position Title: Lena Park IT Program Manager
Department: Lena Park CDC
Classification: Full Time
Position Reports To: Lena Park Executive Director
Positions Supervised: N/A
The Lena Park IT Program Manager will be responsible for the operational success of the Lena Park Community Development Corporation Technology Café and all other technology programming in the Community Center, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. The IT Program Manager oversees all aspects of the Technology and Café and related technology programs including planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling program activities and coordinating the involvement of participating organizations. The IT Program Manager also provides classroom instruction in the Tech Café and recruits other instructors from the community to teach additional technology classes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
The primary responsibility of the IT Program Manager is to manage the day-to-day activities of technology programming, which involves creating and managing program content and initiatives.
● Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission of the organization and the goals of the program.
● Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
● Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcomes of the program.
● Participate in developing the annual program budget and operating plan to support the program.
● Participate in developing a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
● Assist Development staff and ED in developing funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of service.
● Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
● Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
● Develop forms and a record-keeping system to document program activities.
● Oversee the collection and maintenance of records on the participants for statistical purposes according to the confidentiality/ privacy policies of the organization.
● In consultation with the ED, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff, interns and volunteers.
● Implement the HR policies, procedures and practices of the organization (and the BMA)
● In consultation with the ED, establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff.
● Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
● Ensure that all program staff, interns and volunteers receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards.
● Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback.
● Communicate with participants and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
● Liaise with other Lena Park managers to ensure the effective, consistent and efficient program delivery.
Control the program
● Write reports on the program for management and for funders.
● Communicate with funders as outlined in the funding agreement.
● Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget.
● Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
● With the ED and Finance Director (BMA) monitor program cash flow projections, actuals and variances.
● With the Finance Director ensure that all finance reports and supporting documents for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements.
● Provide required information to administration in order to have invoices generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines.
● Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control risks.
● Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework.
● Report evaluation findings to the ED and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
· Bachelors degree in a related field; Master degree preferred or equivalent in years of experience.
● Program management experience
● Knowledge of population served and issues related to the program area
● Ability to work with diverse populations
● Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
● Able to build and cultivate relationships
● Be creative, innovative and self-motivated
● Able to work independently as well as with a team
● Organized, able to set priorities, problem solve and make recommendations when needed
● Represent the Lena Park and specifically the technology programs in the community, with other organizations and other stakeholders
● Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
● Other duties as requested and assigned by the ED
Proficiencies in computer usage and instruction of:
- Word processing
- Microsoft Office
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
- The ability to lift 15 lbs.